Russian fishing ship capsizes, 20 sailors missing
Moscow: A Russian fishing vessel has capsized in the Sea of Japan, and emergency officials say 20 Russian and Indonesian crew members are missing.
The far eastern branch of Russia`s emergency services says 10 crew members were found in a lifeboat and rescued by a passing freighter.
The emergency services say the fishing vessel Shans-101 failed to make contact at the scheduled time and the ship owner reported it missing on Sunday afternoon.
A search was begun by air and sea, and late Sunday the vessel was found capsized off of Russia`s Pacific coast. Shortly afterward, the freighter Anatoly Torchinov reported rescuing six Russian and four Indonesian sailors from the lifeboat.
Emergency officials say 13 Russians and seven Indonesians are missing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Funny video alert! Nana Patekar’s ‘Beat Pe Booty’ mashup is hilarious
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS