Russian fishing ship capsizes, 20 sailors missing
Moscow: A Russian fishing vessel has capsized in the Sea of Japan, and emergency officials say 20 Russian and Indonesian crew members are missing.
The far eastern branch of Russia`s emergency services says 10 crew members were found in a lifeboat and rescued by a passing freighter.
The emergency services say the fishing vessel Shans-101 failed to make contact at the scheduled time and the ship owner reported it missing on Sunday afternoon.
A search was begun by air and sea, and late Sunday the vessel was found capsized off of Russia`s Pacific coast. Shortly afterward, the freighter Anatoly Torchinov reported rescuing six Russian and four Indonesian sailors from the lifeboat.
Emergency officials say 13 Russians and seven Indonesians are missing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch