Russian fishing ship capsizes, 20 sailors missing
Moscow: A Russian fishing vessel has capsized in the Sea of Japan, and emergency officials say 20 Russian and Indonesian crew members are missing.
The far eastern branch of Russia`s emergency services says 10 crew members were found in a lifeboat and rescued by a passing freighter.
The emergency services say the fishing vessel Shans-101 failed to make contact at the scheduled time and the ship owner reported it missing on Sunday afternoon.
A search was begun by air and sea, and late Sunday the vessel was found capsized off of Russia`s Pacific coast. Shortly afterward, the freighter Anatoly Torchinov reported rescuing six Russian and four Indonesian sailors from the lifeboat.
Emergency officials say 13 Russians and seven Indonesians are missing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past