Russian held for burning parents alive
Moscow: A 31-year-old Russian man has been accused of setting fire to his parents after they complained about his laziness, officials said Monday.
According to investigators in Krasnoyarsk, a drinking session in the family`s home in August 2012 turned deadly after the man`s parents began complaining of his joblessness.
The accused apparently responded by dousing the room and his parents in a mixture of gasoline and engine oil and setting fire to them.
The man`s mother died in the fire, while his father died later in the hospital, investigators said.
The unidentified man faces charges of murder and intentional destruction of property and faces a life sentence if convicted.
He has pleaded not guilty.
Although the man "has a number of illnesses associated with the use of drugs and alcohol", he was found to be mentally fit for trial, investigators said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!