Russian held for burning parents alive
Moscow: A 31-year-old Russian man has been accused of setting fire to his parents after they complained about his laziness, officials said Monday.
According to investigators in Krasnoyarsk, a drinking session in the family`s home in August 2012 turned deadly after the man`s parents began complaining of his joblessness.
The accused apparently responded by dousing the room and his parents in a mixture of gasoline and engine oil and setting fire to them.
The man`s mother died in the fire, while his father died later in the hospital, investigators said.
The unidentified man faces charges of murder and intentional destruction of property and faces a life sentence if convicted.
He has pleaded not guilty.
Although the man "has a number of illnesses associated with the use of drugs and alcohol", he was found to be mentally fit for trial, investigators said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living