Russian held for burning parents alive
Moscow: A 31-year-old Russian man has been accused of setting fire to his parents after they complained about his laziness, officials said Monday.
According to investigators in Krasnoyarsk, a drinking session in the family`s home in August 2012 turned deadly after the man`s parents began complaining of his joblessness.
The accused apparently responded by dousing the room and his parents in a mixture of gasoline and engine oil and setting fire to them.
The man`s mother died in the fire, while his father died later in the hospital, investigators said.
The unidentified man faces charges of murder and intentional destruction of property and faces a life sentence if convicted.
He has pleaded not guilty.
Although the man "has a number of illnesses associated with the use of drugs and alcohol", he was found to be mentally fit for trial, investigators said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal