Russian held for burning parents alive
Moscow: A 31-year-old Russian man has been accused of setting fire to his parents after they complained about his laziness, officials said Monday.
According to investigators in Krasnoyarsk, a drinking session in the family`s home in August 2012 turned deadly after the man`s parents began complaining of his joblessness.
The accused apparently responded by dousing the room and his parents in a mixture of gasoline and engine oil and setting fire to them.
The man`s mother died in the fire, while his father died later in the hospital, investigators said.
The unidentified man faces charges of murder and intentional destruction of property and faces a life sentence if convicted.
He has pleaded not guilty.
Although the man "has a number of illnesses associated with the use of drugs and alcohol", he was found to be mentally fit for trial, investigators said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets