Russian mayor arrested on murder charges
Moscow: The mayor of a Russian city has been arrested on charges of murdering a criminal investigator, law enforcement authorities said.
Said Amirov, mayor of Makhachkala, capital of the Dagestan republic, was accused of organising the murder, Xinhua quoted Russia`s Investigative Committee spokesman Vladimir Markin as saying.
Investigators said Amirov organised the 2011 murder of Arsen Gadzhibekov. The mayor has been sent to Moscow, Markin said, adding that over 10 suspected accomplices have been detained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Post Uri attack, India strengthens border surveillance along LOC
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray