Russian missile delivery 6 months overdue: Iran
Tehran: Iranian armed forces chief of staff General Hassan Firouzabadi on Friday said Russia was now six months late in delivering advanced air defence missiles in a deal strongly opposed by Israel.
"We have some criticisms about the conduct of our Russian friends," the Mehr news agency quoted the general as saying.
"Why haven`t they delivered the S-300 missiles?... Six months have now passed since they were supposed to deliver them."
It was the first time an Iranian official has spoken of a delivery date for the missiles under the deal which has never been officially confirmed by Moscow.
On Wednesday, Iranian Defence Minister Ahmad Vahidi urged Russia to ignore Israeli pressure to scrap the deal and to honour its obligations.
"We have a contract with Russia to buy S-300 missiles. I don`t think it is right for Russia to be seen in the world as a country which does not fulfil its contractual obligations," Vahidi told the ILNA news agency.
"Russia has to fulfil the contract and not be influenced by Zionist pressure."
Last month, Russia`s Interfax news agency reported that Iran had not yet paid for the missiles because Moscow has not given its final approval for the deal, which has also set alarm bells ringing in the West.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack