Russian Navy to get latest N-sub
St. Petersburg: Yury Dolgoruky, Russia`s latest ballistic missile nuclear submarine, will be put into service with the navy Sunday.
"The hoisting of the flag and the signing of the acceptance act will be held at the Sevmash shipyard in Severodvinsk," the Rubin design bureau, designer of the sub, said.
This is Russia`s first Borey class ballistic missile nuclear submarine. On the same day, the Sevmash will float out a third Borey class submarine, the Vladimir Monomakh.
A second Borey class vessel, the Alexander Nevsky, is undergoing sea trials and could join Russia`s Pacific Fleet in 2014, the RIA Novosti reported.
Russia is planning to build eight Borey and Borey-A class subs by 2020.
Borey class submarines are expected to form the core of Russia`s submarine fleet, replacing the aging Project 941 and Project 667 class (Delta-3 and Delta-4) boats.
A Borey class submarine is 580 feet long, has a hull diameter of 42 feet, a crew of 107, including 55 officers, a maximum depth of about 1,500 feet and a submerged speed of about 29 knots.
All Borey class strategic submarines will carry up to 16 Bulava ballistic missiles with multiple warheads.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof