Russian Navy to get latest N-sub
St. Petersburg: Yury Dolgoruky, Russia`s latest ballistic missile nuclear submarine, will be put into service with the navy Sunday.
"The hoisting of the flag and the signing of the acceptance act will be held at the Sevmash shipyard in Severodvinsk," the Rubin design bureau, designer of the sub, said.
This is Russia`s first Borey class ballistic missile nuclear submarine. On the same day, the Sevmash will float out a third Borey class submarine, the Vladimir Monomakh.
A second Borey class vessel, the Alexander Nevsky, is undergoing sea trials and could join Russia`s Pacific Fleet in 2014, the RIA Novosti reported.
Russia is planning to build eight Borey and Borey-A class subs by 2020.
Borey class submarines are expected to form the core of Russia`s submarine fleet, replacing the aging Project 941 and Project 667 class (Delta-3 and Delta-4) boats.
A Borey class submarine is 580 feet long, has a hull diameter of 42 feet, a crew of 107, including 55 officers, a maximum depth of about 1,500 feet and a submerged speed of about 29 knots.
All Borey class strategic submarines will carry up to 16 Bulava ballistic missiles with multiple warheads.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi