Russian pilot missing in Sudan`s Darfur found: UN
Khartoum: The Russian helicopter pilot who went missing while on a mission in Sudan`s Darfur region was found and returned to his peacekeepers` base on Thursday, a UN official said.
Sudanese authorities "asked us to send a helicopter from Nyala to a place east of Kass to recover the Russian pilot" missing since Monday, Kemal Saiki, spokesman for the United Nations-African Union Mission in Darfur, said.
"At about 20:15 (1715 GMT), the helicopter returned to our base in Nyala with the pilot. He is under medical observation. We will have further details on the circumstances after a debriefing tomorrow," he said.
"We have no details on the circumstances of his disappearance for the time being."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars