Russian PM jumps on a Harley to praise motorbikes
Sevastopol: Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin leaped on a Harley Davidson and roared into an international biker convention in southern Ukraine.
Around 5,000 bikers from Europe and beyond gathered in Sevastopol for the annual festival on Saturday on Ukraine`s Crimea peninsula.
Putin, in Ukraine for talks with the country`s new Russia-friendly leadership, had his black shirt sleeves rolled up as he motored toward a stage along a dusty road on the three-wheeled bike.
In sunglasses, black jeans and black fingerless gloves, the Russian Prime Minister clearly revelled in the moment, smiling and waving to the enthusiastic crowd.
From a podium, he described the motorbike as "the most democratic form of transport" and praised the bikers` free spirit.
He also urged them to unite in promoting safe driving.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city