Russian PM sings, plays piano at charity event
St Petersburg: Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin played the piano and sang an English song at a charity event in St Petersburg for children diagnosed with cancer.
The Prime Minister joined famous actors and entertainers for the charity event on Friday.
Guests at the event - held at the Ice Palace in Russia`s second largest city - included Sharon Stone, Kevin Costner, Monica Belucci, Vincent Cassel, Goldie Hawn, Kurt Russell, Paul Anka, Mickey Rourke, Alain Delon, Ornella Muti, Ingrid and Gerard Depardieu.
During the event, Putin played the Russian song "From Where Does the Motherland Begin" on the piano and then sang a song in English with jazz performers.
His performance received a standing ovation.
Money raised at the event will be donated to cancer centres to buy equipment and medicines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand