Russian PM sings, plays piano at charity event
St Petersburg: Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin played the piano and sang an English song at a charity event in St Petersburg for children diagnosed with cancer.
The Prime Minister joined famous actors and entertainers for the charity event on Friday.
Guests at the event - held at the Ice Palace in Russia`s second largest city - included Sharon Stone, Kevin Costner, Monica Belucci, Vincent Cassel, Goldie Hawn, Kurt Russell, Paul Anka, Mickey Rourke, Alain Delon, Ornella Muti, Ingrid and Gerard Depardieu.
During the event, Putin played the Russian song "From Where Does the Motherland Begin" on the piano and then sang a song in English with jazz performers.
His performance received a standing ovation.
Money raised at the event will be donated to cancer centres to buy equipment and medicines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire