Russian PM sings, plays piano at charity event
St Petersburg: Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin played the piano and sang an English song at a charity event in St Petersburg for children diagnosed with cancer.
The Prime Minister joined famous actors and entertainers for the charity event on Friday.
Guests at the event - held at the Ice Palace in Russia`s second largest city - included Sharon Stone, Kevin Costner, Monica Belucci, Vincent Cassel, Goldie Hawn, Kurt Russell, Paul Anka, Mickey Rourke, Alain Delon, Ornella Muti, Ingrid and Gerard Depardieu.
During the event, Putin played the Russian song "From Where Does the Motherland Begin" on the piano and then sang a song in English with jazz performers.
His performance received a standing ovation.
Money raised at the event will be donated to cancer centres to buy equipment and medicines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Unbelievable! Airtel offers 10 GB 4G data at just Rs 250
- Using Facebook, Twitter may cut BP, diabetes in elderly
- Masala bonds to ease capital constraints for banks: Fitch
- 23-year-old rejected by Indian Army `because he has a Modi tattoo on his chest`
- UEFA confirms four champions league places to Europe's top 4 domestic leagues