Russian PM sings, plays piano at charity event
St Petersburg: Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin played the piano and sang an English song at a charity event in St Petersburg for children diagnosed with cancer.
The Prime Minister joined famous actors and entertainers for the charity event on Friday.
Guests at the event - held at the Ice Palace in Russia`s second largest city - included Sharon Stone, Kevin Costner, Monica Belucci, Vincent Cassel, Goldie Hawn, Kurt Russell, Paul Anka, Mickey Rourke, Alain Delon, Ornella Muti, Ingrid and Gerard Depardieu.
During the event, Putin played the Russian song "From Where Does the Motherland Begin" on the piano and then sang a song in English with jazz performers.
His performance received a standing ovation.
Money raised at the event will be donated to cancer centres to buy equipment and medicines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Centre asks states to remove taxes on pulses and edible oils
- Central security agencies ask Delhi Police to remain alert against terror attacks
- Pakistan to ban Sunny Leone song?
- Talk to 'voices of dissent' in Kashmir, CPI-M tells Rajnath Singh
- BSF constable stabs colleague, flees with LMG, over 10 magazines in Jammu