Russian PM sings, plays piano at charity event
St Petersburg: Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin played the piano and sang an English song at a charity event in St Petersburg for children diagnosed with cancer.
The Prime Minister joined famous actors and entertainers for the charity event on Friday.
Guests at the event - held at the Ice Palace in Russia`s second largest city - included Sharon Stone, Kevin Costner, Monica Belucci, Vincent Cassel, Goldie Hawn, Kurt Russell, Paul Anka, Mickey Rourke, Alain Delon, Ornella Muti, Ingrid and Gerard Depardieu.
During the event, Putin played the Russian song "From Where Does the Motherland Begin" on the piano and then sang a song in English with jazz performers.
His performance received a standing ovation.
Money raised at the event will be donated to cancer centres to buy equipment and medicines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble