Russian police bust China drug chain
Moscow: Russian police have smashed a gang supplying synthetic narcotics to Russia from China and seized 80 kg of drugs, the Federal Drug Control Service (FSKN) reported Thursday.
The smuggling gang, including two Russian brothers and a dozen Chinese couriers, was discovered when one of the Russians tried to send parcels containing 500 grams of synthetic drugs to Novosibirsk and Vladivostok from a post office in the city of Perm.
Perm drug police then found a cache of 26 kg of various narcotics.
The drugs were disguised in transit as additives to animal feed and solid beverages, the FSKN said.
All 12 detainees may face up to 20 years in prison for narcotics trafficking.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'