Russian police bust China drug chain
Moscow: Russian police have smashed a gang supplying synthetic narcotics to Russia from China and seized 80 kg of drugs, the Federal Drug Control Service (FSKN) reported Thursday.
The smuggling gang, including two Russian brothers and a dozen Chinese couriers, was discovered when one of the Russians tried to send parcels containing 500 grams of synthetic drugs to Novosibirsk and Vladivostok from a post office in the city of Perm.
Perm drug police then found a cache of 26 kg of various narcotics.
The drugs were disguised in transit as additives to animal feed and solid beverages, the FSKN said.
All 12 detainees may face up to 20 years in prison for narcotics trafficking.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal