Russian president tests the ski slopes in Sochi
Moscow: Russian President Vladimir Putin is hitting the ski slopes - flying to Sochi to challenge the mountains that will host the Winter Games next month.
Putin was touring Olympic venues in Sochi today, the Black Sea resort where the 2014 Winter Olympics will run from February 7-23. The trip came after Putin yesterday visited the southern Russian city of Volgograd, which was rocked by two suicide bombings this week that killed 34 people.
Russian state television showed Putin, 61, and Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev skiing together at Krasnaya Polyana, the venue for all outdoor sports at the Sochi Games.
The two men were not skiing on the Olympic slopes, but at a ski resort run by the state-owned gas giant Gazprom that is adjacent to Olympic skiing venues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list