Russian president tests the ski slopes in Sochi
Moscow: Russian President Vladimir Putin is hitting the ski slopes - flying to Sochi to challenge the mountains that will host the Winter Games next month.
Putin was touring Olympic venues in Sochi today, the Black Sea resort where the 2014 Winter Olympics will run from February 7-23. The trip came after Putin yesterday visited the southern Russian city of Volgograd, which was rocked by two suicide bombings this week that killed 34 people.
Russian state television showed Putin, 61, and Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev skiing together at Krasnaya Polyana, the venue for all outdoor sports at the Sochi Games.
The two men were not skiing on the Olympic slopes, but at a ski resort run by the state-owned gas giant Gazprom that is adjacent to Olympic skiing venues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vashu Bhagnani wants Amitabh Bachchan, Govinda to appear in 'Bade Miyan Chote Miyan' remake
- Shah Rukh Khan-Kajol's epic romance continues to rule the Internet! – Here's how
- Reduce your blood pressure – listen to the tunes of Mozart and Strauss!
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat is a father figure to me: FTII chairman Gajendra Chauhan
- Employees use social media to kill mental fatigue: Survey