Russian prison inmates shown jailbreak movie
Moscow: A prison administration in Russia landed itself in trouble for authorising the inmates to watch a Hollywood film about a jailbreak.
Prison wardens officially sanctioned the showing of "The Next Three Days", a 2010 thriller with Russel Crowe and Elizabeth Banks, in which Crowe plays a professor who stages an escape for his wrongly imprisoned wife.
The film "fails to promote correction of inmates and prevention of new crimes", said Leningrad region prosecutors in a statement.
The movie features a variety of wrongdoing on part of Crowe`s character, including creation of fake documents and torching of a drug lab. However, the female character plays little active part during the film.
The prison administration was slapped with a reprimand, prosecutors said Monday, adding that they confiscated the "Hollywood jailbreak manual".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Bitter boxer Manoj Kumar appeals for PM's intervention to clear Indian boxing mess
- Finance Ministry recommends CBI probe into 80 kg of missing gold from IGI Airport
- Hotel rooms are so mainstream! Rent a vacation home this time
- Sporting Lisbon's Joao Mario completes record EUR 45-million move to Inter Milan
- Top seven cos take cumulative hit of Rs 29,907 cr in m-cap