Russian prison inmates shown jailbreak movie
Moscow: A prison administration in Russia landed itself in trouble for authorising the inmates to watch a Hollywood film about a jailbreak.
Prison wardens officially sanctioned the showing of "The Next Three Days", a 2010 thriller with Russel Crowe and Elizabeth Banks, in which Crowe plays a professor who stages an escape for his wrongly imprisoned wife.
The film "fails to promote correction of inmates and prevention of new crimes", said Leningrad region prosecutors in a statement.
The movie features a variety of wrongdoing on part of Crowe`s character, including creation of fake documents and torching of a drug lab. However, the female character plays little active part during the film.
The prison administration was slapped with a reprimand, prosecutors said Monday, adding that they confiscated the "Hollywood jailbreak manual".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video
- Asia markets move cautiously ahead of bank meetings
- Bernie Sanders says Hillary Clinton `must become` next US president