Russian prison inmates shown jailbreak movie
Moscow: A prison administration in Russia landed itself in trouble for authorising the inmates to watch a Hollywood film about a jailbreak.
Prison wardens officially sanctioned the showing of "The Next Three Days", a 2010 thriller with Russel Crowe and Elizabeth Banks, in which Crowe plays a professor who stages an escape for his wrongly imprisoned wife.
The film "fails to promote correction of inmates and prevention of new crimes", said Leningrad region prosecutors in a statement.
The movie features a variety of wrongdoing on part of Crowe`s character, including creation of fake documents and torching of a drug lab. However, the female character plays little active part during the film.
The prison administration was slapped with a reprimand, prosecutors said Monday, adding that they confiscated the "Hollywood jailbreak manual".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16