Russian security forces kill 8 suspected militants
Rostov-on-don: An official says eight suspected militants have been killed in a security raid in Russia`s restive North Caucasus region.
Oleg Morozov, a spokesman for the Russian Interior Ministry`s regional branch, said the rebels — six men and two women were holed up today in a house in Nalchik city in the province of Kabardino-Balkariya. He said they refused to surrender and were killed when security forces stormed the building.
An Islamic insurgency has spread across the North Caucasus region after two separatist wars in Chechnya, with shootings, bombings and police security raids occurring on regular basis.
The Interior Ministry`s branch in the province of Dagestan, east of Chechnya, said unidentified gunmen fired at a police checkpoint today there, wounding a police officer.
- Petrol prices in major Indian cities after latest hike!
- IPL 2016: Axar Patel's four-wicket haul guides Kings XI Punjab to 23-run win over table-toppers Gujarat Lions
- Diesel prices in major Indian cities after latest hike!
- A much needed break! PM Modi spends some moments of solitude with a boat ride in Varanasi – Watch
- ISIS makes Indian terrorist its poster boy in new video to lure youth from country