Russian security forces kill 8 suspected militants
Rostov-on-don: An official says eight suspected militants have been killed in a security raid in Russia`s restive North Caucasus region.
Oleg Morozov, a spokesman for the Russian Interior Ministry`s regional branch, said the rebels — six men and two women were holed up today in a house in Nalchik city in the province of Kabardino-Balkariya. He said they refused to surrender and were killed when security forces stormed the building.
An Islamic insurgency has spread across the North Caucasus region after two separatist wars in Chechnya, with shootings, bombings and police security raids occurring on regular basis.
The Interior Ministry`s branch in the province of Dagestan, east of Chechnya, said unidentified gunmen fired at a police checkpoint today there, wounding a police officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray