Russian security forces kill 8 suspected militants
Rostov-on-don: An official says eight suspected militants have been killed in a security raid in Russia`s restive North Caucasus region.
Oleg Morozov, a spokesman for the Russian Interior Ministry`s regional branch, said the rebels — six men and two women were holed up today in a house in Nalchik city in the province of Kabardino-Balkariya. He said they refused to surrender and were killed when security forces stormed the building.
An Islamic insurgency has spread across the North Caucasus region after two separatist wars in Chechnya, with shootings, bombings and police security raids occurring on regular basis.
The Interior Ministry`s branch in the province of Dagestan, east of Chechnya, said unidentified gunmen fired at a police checkpoint today there, wounding a police officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!