Russian security forces kill four rebels in Caucasus
Moscow: Russian security forces have killed
four rebels in the troubled Caucasus region of Ingushetia, the
Interfax news agency reported Tuesday, citing a police
Security forces surrounded rebel hideouts in the village
of Ekazhevo close to the regional capital Nazran and opened
fire when rebels refused to surrender, a police spokesman told
Interfax. "During the clash, four of them were eliminated."
The rebel group had taken part in shootings and bombings
targeted at policemen and their relatives, the spokesman told
Interfax. The shoot-out continued this morning as at least
five more rebels hid in nearby houses.
Militants have stepped up attacks in recent months
throughout Russia`s Caucasus region, where Islamist fighters
have been battling pro-Kremlin local authorities and Russian
security forces in a sporadic insurgency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- 12 killed as violence mars Bangladesh local body polls
- Assault on Africans: Eight held, Home Minister Rajnath Singh asks police to ensure safety
- Must watch VIDEO: When James Vince, Joe Root teamed-up to take possibly the best slip catch in Test cricket history
- Arun Jaitley seeks Japanese investments; meets SoftBank CEO
- German nationalist slammed over racist comment on Jerome Boateng