Russian security forces kill four rebels in Caucasus
Moscow: Russian security forces have killed
four rebels in the troubled Caucasus region of Ingushetia, the
Interfax news agency reported Tuesday, citing a police
Security forces surrounded rebel hideouts in the village
of Ekazhevo close to the regional capital Nazran and opened
fire when rebels refused to surrender, a police spokesman told
Interfax. "During the clash, four of them were eliminated."
The rebel group had taken part in shootings and bombings
targeted at policemen and their relatives, the spokesman told
Interfax. The shoot-out continued this morning as at least
five more rebels hid in nearby houses.
Militants have stepped up attacks in recent months
throughout Russia`s Caucasus region, where Islamist fighters
have been battling pro-Kremlin local authorities and Russian
security forces in a sporadic insurgency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world