Russian security forces kill four rebels in Caucasus
Moscow: Russian security forces have killed
four rebels in the troubled Caucasus region of Ingushetia, the
Interfax news agency reported Tuesday, citing a police
Security forces surrounded rebel hideouts in the village
of Ekazhevo close to the regional capital Nazran and opened
fire when rebels refused to surrender, a police spokesman told
Interfax. "During the clash, four of them were eliminated."
The rebel group had taken part in shootings and bombings
targeted at policemen and their relatives, the spokesman told
Interfax. The shoot-out continued this morning as at least
five more rebels hid in nearby houses.
Militants have stepped up attacks in recent months
throughout Russia`s Caucasus region, where Islamist fighters
have been battling pro-Kremlin local authorities and Russian
security forces in a sporadic insurgency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie