Russian ship frees itself from ice in Antarctic
Moscow: A Russian shipping company says that its icebreaker carrying more than 100 tourists, scientists and journalists on an Antarctic cruise has freed itself from ice and reached clear water.
The Captain Khlebnikov icebreaker got stuck in sea ice earlier this week near Snow Hill Island in the Weddell Sea. Officials have said that people onboard weren`t in any danger.
Fareastern Shipping Co spokeswoman Tatyana Kulikova said on Friday the icebreaker has reached clear water. She said it`s now heading to Ushuaia on the Argentine coast.
Kulikova said the icebreaker is expected to reach port in three days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you