Russian ship frees itself from ice in Antarctic
Moscow: A Russian shipping company says that its icebreaker carrying more than 100 tourists, scientists and journalists on an Antarctic cruise has freed itself from ice and reached clear water.
The Captain Khlebnikov icebreaker got stuck in sea ice earlier this week near Snow Hill Island in the Weddell Sea. Officials have said that people onboard weren`t in any danger.
Fareastern Shipping Co spokeswoman Tatyana Kulikova said on Friday the icebreaker has reached clear water. She said it`s now heading to Ushuaia on the Argentine coast.
Kulikova said the icebreaker is expected to reach port in three days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 pilgrims killed in Bihar road accident
- Indian hacker uncovers Vine's source code, rewarded $10,080 by Twitter!
- Maharashtra to have panel on code of conduct for legislator
- Shiv Sena 'rotted' during 25 years of alliance with BJP: Uddhav Thackeray
- Feel sorry for using pellet guns against Kashmiri youth but have no other option: CRPF chief