Russian ship frees itself from ice in Antarctic
Moscow: A Russian shipping company says that its icebreaker carrying more than 100 tourists, scientists and journalists on an Antarctic cruise has freed itself from ice and reached clear water.
The Captain Khlebnikov icebreaker got stuck in sea ice earlier this week near Snow Hill Island in the Weddell Sea. Officials have said that people onboard weren`t in any danger.
Fareastern Shipping Co spokeswoman Tatyana Kulikova said on Friday the icebreaker has reached clear water. She said it`s now heading to Ushuaia on the Argentine coast.
Kulikova said the icebreaker is expected to reach port in three days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II