Russian ship with 30 crew `could sink`: Official
Moscow: A Russian emergency official says a cargo ship with a 30-strong crew has iced over and is stranded in the Sea of Okhotsk with the risk of sinking.
An emergency spokesman on Russia`s Far Eastern Sakhalin Island says the captain of the Smolninsky refrigerated cargo vessel sent a distress signal early today.
Spokesman Alexander Ivelsky says poor weather in the Sea of Okhotsk, which separates the Kamchatka peninsula and mainland Russia, prevents the air rescue of the all-Russian crew.
Ivelsky said strong winds threaten to topple the frozen freighter.
He says nearby ships have been instructed to set course for the Smolninsky.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail