Russian Sukhoi crash: Black box found
Jakarta: Indonesian authorities said on Wednesday that they had found the voice recorder of the ill-fated Russian Sukhoi Superjet that crashed during a demonstration flight. All the 45 people on board on board were killed.
The plane had plunged to its fate May 09 about 40 miles south of Jakarta. The wreckage was found a day later on Mount Salak ridge.
The plane was carrying eight Russians, a Frenchman, an American, two Italians and 33 Indonesians.
The Russian Sukhoi Superjet 100 was on a demonstration flight over Indonesia.
Indonesian Transport Ministry spokesman Bambang Ervan had said the plane took off from Indonesian air base Halim Perdana Kusuma in East Jakarta.
It lost contact at 2.25 pm while trying to descend from 10,000 feet to 6,000 feet near a small airport in Bogor.
It arrived in Jakarta as part of a demonstration tour of six Asian countries. It has been to Myanmar, Pakistan and Kazakhstan and was due to visit Laos and Vietnam.
The Superjet 100 is a medium-haul passenger aircraft developed by Sukhoi in cooperation with US and European aviation corporations, including Boeing, Snecma, Thales, Messier Dowty, Liebherr Aerospace and Honeywell.
With IANS inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’