Russian Sukhoi crash: Black box found
Jakarta: Indonesian authorities said on Wednesday that they had found the voice recorder of the ill-fated Russian Sukhoi Superjet that crashed during a demonstration flight. All the 45 people on board on board were killed.
The plane had plunged to its fate May 09 about 40 miles south of Jakarta. The wreckage was found a day later on Mount Salak ridge.
The plane was carrying eight Russians, a Frenchman, an American, two Italians and 33 Indonesians.
The Russian Sukhoi Superjet 100 was on a demonstration flight over Indonesia.
Indonesian Transport Ministry spokesman Bambang Ervan had said the plane took off from Indonesian air base Halim Perdana Kusuma in East Jakarta.
It lost contact at 2.25 pm while trying to descend from 10,000 feet to 6,000 feet near a small airport in Bogor.
It arrived in Jakarta as part of a demonstration tour of six Asian countries. It has been to Myanmar, Pakistan and Kazakhstan and was due to visit Laos and Vietnam.
The Superjet 100 is a medium-haul passenger aircraft developed by Sukhoi in cooperation with US and European aviation corporations, including Boeing, Snecma, Thales, Messier Dowty, Liebherr Aerospace and Honeywell.
With IANS inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday