Russian teenager attempts `bank robbery` for suicide
Moscow: A teenage girl tried to `rob` a bank in a region in western Russia so that she could afford to leave her native city and commit suicide, the Russian Investigation Department said Thursday.
The 14-year-old girl, masked and armed with a knife, Aug 28 tried to rob a bank in Izhevsk, the capital of Udmurtia republic in the Urals, but was detained by bank guards.
"The detainee explained that she committed the robbery in an attempt to free herself from her overbearing parents. She wanted to use that money to leave the city and commit suicide," said the Investigation Department.
The girl faces up to 15 years in prison if found guilty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter