Russian teenager attempts `bank robbery` for suicide
Moscow: A teenage girl tried to `rob` a bank in a region in western Russia so that she could afford to leave her native city and commit suicide, the Russian Investigation Department said Thursday.
The 14-year-old girl, masked and armed with a knife, Aug 28 tried to rob a bank in Izhevsk, the capital of Udmurtia republic in the Urals, but was detained by bank guards.
"The detainee explained that she committed the robbery in an attempt to free herself from her overbearing parents. She wanted to use that money to leave the city and commit suicide," said the Investigation Department.
The girl faces up to 15 years in prison if found guilty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez