Russian teenager attempts `bank robbery` for suicide
Moscow: A teenage girl tried to `rob` a bank in a region in western Russia so that she could afford to leave her native city and commit suicide, the Russian Investigation Department said Thursday.
The 14-year-old girl, masked and armed with a knife, Aug 28 tried to rob a bank in Izhevsk, the capital of Udmurtia republic in the Urals, but was detained by bank guards.
"The detainee explained that she committed the robbery in an attempt to free herself from her overbearing parents. She wanted to use that money to leave the city and commit suicide," said the Investigation Department.
The girl faces up to 15 years in prison if found guilty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt