Russian teenager attempts `bank robbery` for suicide
Moscow: A teenage girl tried to `rob` a bank in a region in western Russia so that she could afford to leave her native city and commit suicide, the Russian Investigation Department said Thursday.
The 14-year-old girl, masked and armed with a knife, Aug 28 tried to rob a bank in Izhevsk, the capital of Udmurtia republic in the Urals, but was detained by bank guards.
"The detainee explained that she committed the robbery in an attempt to free herself from her overbearing parents. She wanted to use that money to leave the city and commit suicide," said the Investigation Department.
The girl faces up to 15 years in prison if found guilty.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader