Russian TV criticises new US ambassador
Moscow: Russian state television has lashed
out against new US Ambassador Michael McFaul, questioning his
credentials and suggesting he arrived with an agenda to
support opposition leaders and promote revolution.
Russia`s Channel One criticised McFaul`s appointment in a
segment that aired last night, McFaul`s second day on the job.
Channel One analyst Mikhail Leontev said "the fact is that
McFaul is not an expert on Russia."
He says "he is a specialist purely in the promotion of
McFaul earlier met separately with opposition and civil
leaders. The meetings were his first official receptions at
McFaul is regarded as a leading expert on US relations
with Russia, and has been a key figure in the Obama
administration`s initiative to "reset" relations.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times