Russian warship given holy water blessing
Mosocow: Russia`s newest Baltic Fleet warship, presently undergoing sea trials, was sprinkled with holy water during a blessing over the weekend, a Navy spokesperson said.
The priest blessed the corvette`s hull, weapons systems and superstructures, as well as the ship`s interior. The trials are due to end by mid-April, said Baltic Fleet spokesperson Captain 2nd Rank Vladimir Matveyev.
The Project 20380 Boiky corvette was blessed by a priest in a ceremony attended by the corvette`s crew, he added.
The 20380 class is optimised for anti-submarine and surface warfare and support for land operations. The class incorporates stealth technology, which has considerably reduced its radar and infrared signatures.
It can be equipped with Kh-35 anti-ship missiles and 3M-54 Klub cruise missiles, Kashtan anti-aircraft gun/missile systems, a main 100-mm gun and two 30-mm close-range air defense guns, as well as torpedo tubes, according to naval-technology.com.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city