Russian warship given holy water blessing
Mosocow: Russia`s newest Baltic Fleet warship, presently undergoing sea trials, was sprinkled with holy water during a blessing over the weekend, a Navy spokesperson said.
The priest blessed the corvette`s hull, weapons systems and superstructures, as well as the ship`s interior. The trials are due to end by mid-April, said Baltic Fleet spokesperson Captain 2nd Rank Vladimir Matveyev.
The Project 20380 Boiky corvette was blessed by a priest in a ceremony attended by the corvette`s crew, he added.
The 20380 class is optimised for anti-submarine and surface warfare and support for land operations. The class incorporates stealth technology, which has considerably reduced its radar and infrared signatures.
It can be equipped with Kh-35 anti-ship missiles and 3M-54 Klub cruise missiles, Kashtan anti-aircraft gun/missile systems, a main 100-mm gun and two 30-mm close-range air defense guns, as well as torpedo tubes, according to naval-technology.com.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Chidambaram rejects FM Jaitley's remarks over inflation
- Single Indian women want to write their own marriage vows
- Traffic nightmare in Gurgaon; waterlogging on NH8 hits Delhi-Jaipur route, schools shut
- India's doping shame: 687 athletes banned since 2009 as per NADA records
- Know why Radhika Apte couldn’t be a part of ‘Kabali’ promotions