‘Russian women being paid to cover up at Iran N-plant’
Moscow: Russian women working at Iran`s Bushehr nuclear power plant are not properly adhering to the Islamic republic`s strict dress code, despite receiving extra pay for compliance, an Iranian lawmaker has said.
"Based on contracts signed with female Russian employees at the Bushehr power plant, they receive a hijab (head cover) payment," MP Mehdi Mousavinejad was quoted by the ISNA news agency as saying.
"Unfortunately," he said, "they do not properly observe what [the contracts stipulate]."
He also criticised the authorities for lax oversight of the Russian employees.
Mousavinejad, however, said he did not know how many female technicians work at the NPP or how much they are paid.
Women in Iran, regardless of their nationality or religion, are enjoined to cover up everything but their hands and face.
Construction of Bushehr began in the 1970s but has been dogged by delays. Russia signed a billion-dollar deal with Tehran to complete the plant in 1998.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read