Russians detained in Germany for plotting plane hijack
Berlin: Two Russians were detained on Wednesday at Berlin`s Tegel airport on the suspicion of intending to hijack an Air Berlin flight to Moscow, a police spokesman said.
A woman overheard two men, aged 49 and 26, speaking in Russian near a ticket counter at 12:40 pm (10:40 GMT) and believed they were discussing plans to hijack an airplane to Moscow. The woman reported the conversation to security police.
"Two men have been detained after one other passenger got the impression they were planning to hijack an Air Berlin flight to Moscow," the spokesman said.
Both the men were detained for questioning while the remaining 132 passengers were put on another flight to Moscow.
"Both men are being questioned by criminal police authorities," the spokesman said, adding that it was most likely a false alarm.
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Adorable! This cute baby goes to bed with his best mate dog – Watch video
- Supreme Court to consider NEET exemption applications on Tuesday
- Delhi, Jammu, Shimla see hottest day of season; Telangana toll 178
- Rahul Gandhi to be Congress chief in 2016: Jairam Ramesh
- NDA to tread Ambedkar's path; favours quota in private sector