Russians detained in Germany for plotting plane hijack
Berlin: Two Russians were detained on Wednesday at Berlin`s Tegel airport on the suspicion of intending to hijack an Air Berlin flight to Moscow, a police spokesman said.
A woman overheard two men, aged 49 and 26, speaking in Russian near a ticket counter at 12:40 pm (10:40 GMT) and believed they were discussing plans to hijack an airplane to Moscow. The woman reported the conversation to security police.
"Two men have been detained after one other passenger got the impression they were planning to hijack an Air Berlin flight to Moscow," the spokesman said.
Both the men were detained for questioning while the remaining 132 passengers were put on another flight to Moscow.
"Both men are being questioned by criminal police authorities," the spokesman said, adding that it was most likely a false alarm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what