Russians detained in Germany for plotting plane hijack
Berlin: Two Russians were detained on Wednesday at Berlin`s Tegel airport on the suspicion of intending to hijack an Air Berlin flight to Moscow, a police spokesman said.
A woman overheard two men, aged 49 and 26, speaking in Russian near a ticket counter at 12:40 pm (10:40 GMT) and believed they were discussing plans to hijack an airplane to Moscow. The woman reported the conversation to security police.
"Two men have been detained after one other passenger got the impression they were planning to hijack an Air Berlin flight to Moscow," the spokesman said.
Both the men were detained for questioning while the remaining 132 passengers were put on another flight to Moscow.
"Both men are being questioned by criminal police authorities," the spokesman said, adding that it was most likely a false alarm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- The Aventador 'Miura Hommage' looks jaw-dropping!
- Overcast conditions in city
- Extremists in India, Pakistan think military action is only solution to Indo-Pak conflict: Sudheendra Kulkarni
- 7th Pay Commission: All you should know
- Terrorists barge into BJP leader's residence in J&K's Chadoora, snatch AK-47 rifle from his PSO