Russians protest against price hikes
Moscow: Hundreds of people took to the streets of Moscow to protest against the rising cost of utilities.
Demonstrators, most of them supporters of the Communist Party and activists of leftist groups, Saturday demanded that charges for water, heat and electricity be frozen.
The utility charges have been increasing steadily over the past decade.
The rally, near Red Square and the Kremlin, comes just a week after a mass protest against President Vladimir Putin, which also called for the rates to be lowered.
Similar demonstrations were held in other cities across the country.
Protesters in Moscow also called for fresh parliamentary elections, opposition figurehead Sergei Udaltsov wrote on his Twitter account.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma