Russians protest against price hikes
Moscow: Hundreds of people took to the streets of Moscow to protest against the rising cost of utilities.
Demonstrators, most of them supporters of the Communist Party and activists of leftist groups, Saturday demanded that charges for water, heat and electricity be frozen.
The utility charges have been increasing steadily over the past decade.
The rally, near Red Square and the Kremlin, comes just a week after a mass protest against President Vladimir Putin, which also called for the rates to be lowered.
Similar demonstrations were held in other cities across the country.
Protesters in Moscow also called for fresh parliamentary elections, opposition figurehead Sergei Udaltsov wrote on his Twitter account.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das