Russians to receive 24 TV channels by 2015: Medvedev
Fryazino: President Dmitry
Medvedev said all Russian citizens would be able to receive at
least 24 television channels by 2015.
"The development of digital television and radio
broadcasting across the country is a strategic project,"
Medvedev said at a meeting of the Commission on Modernisation
and Technological Development of the Economy yesterday.
"As a result of its implementation, every citizen of
Russia will be able to receive at least 24 television channels
with improved image and sound characteristics by 2015," the
"The use of digital receivers will be accompanied by a
broad range of interactive and multimedia services," he added.
The programme titled "Development of Digital Television
and Radio Broadcasting in Russia in 2009-2015" has been
submitted by the Ministry of Mass Communications.
The draft has been approved by the Finance Ministry and
the Justice Ministry.
The total amount of funding to be provided for the
programme is 76.3 billion roubles.
Meanwhile, the Federal Service for Telecommunications
Supervision has started designing digital on-air television
and radio broadcasting networks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump Inauguration LIVE: US President vows to eradicate Islamic terrorism from the face of Earth