Russians to receive 24 TV channels by 2015: Medvedev
Fryazino: President Dmitry
Medvedev said all Russian citizens would be able to receive at
least 24 television channels by 2015.
"The development of digital television and radio
broadcasting across the country is a strategic project,"
Medvedev said at a meeting of the Commission on Modernisation
and Technological Development of the Economy yesterday.
"As a result of its implementation, every citizen of
Russia will be able to receive at least 24 television channels
with improved image and sound characteristics by 2015," the
"The use of digital receivers will be accompanied by a
broad range of interactive and multimedia services," he added.
The programme titled "Development of Digital Television
and Radio Broadcasting in Russia in 2009-2015" has been
submitted by the Ministry of Mass Communications.
The draft has been approved by the Finance Ministry and
the Justice Ministry.
The total amount of funding to be provided for the
programme is 76.3 billion roubles.
Meanwhile, the Federal Service for Telecommunications
Supervision has started designing digital on-air television
and radio broadcasting networks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: ABSOLUTE CARNAGE! When The Great Khali nearly killed John Cena
- Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' vs Hrithik Roshan's 'Mohenjo Daro': Week two BO collections are out!
- Surrogacy Bill against commercial surrogacy which is a money making racket: BJP
- Good news bookworms! 22nd Delhi Book Fair begins on Saturday
- Zika virus may spread sexually from asymptomatic man to woman, claims study