Russians to receive 24 TV channels by 2015: Medvedev
Fryazino: President Dmitry
Medvedev said all Russian citizens would be able to receive at
least 24 television channels by 2015.
"The development of digital television and radio
broadcasting across the country is a strategic project,"
Medvedev said at a meeting of the Commission on Modernisation
and Technological Development of the Economy yesterday.
"As a result of its implementation, every citizen of
Russia will be able to receive at least 24 television channels
with improved image and sound characteristics by 2015," the
"The use of digital receivers will be accompanied by a
broad range of interactive and multimedia services," he added.
The programme titled "Development of Digital Television
and Radio Broadcasting in Russia in 2009-2015" has been
submitted by the Ministry of Mass Communications.
The draft has been approved by the Finance Ministry and
the Justice Ministry.
The total amount of funding to be provided for the
programme is 76.3 billion roubles.
Meanwhile, the Federal Service for Telecommunications
Supervision has started designing digital on-air television
and radio broadcasting networks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured