Russia`s first Muslim TV channel goes on air
Moscow: Russia`s first public Muslim TV channel, Al-RTV, has gone on air ahead of Eid-ul-Fitr.
According to the Bashinform news portal, Al-RTV has been established by Russia`s largest Muslim organisations to promote Islamic religious and spiritual values.
The round-the-clock service was launched Sunday, to coincide with Eid-ul-Fitr.
The channel covers eight Russian regions -- Bashkortostan, Tatarstan and six North Caucasus republics.
The channel`s chief editor is Rustam Arifdzhanov, vice president of the Eurasian Academy of Television and Radio Broadcasting.
It will be supported by private donations and government grants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed