Russia`s first Muslim TV channel goes on air
Moscow: Russia`s first public Muslim TV channel, Al-RTV, has gone on air ahead of Eid-ul-Fitr.
According to the Bashinform news portal, Al-RTV has been established by Russia`s largest Muslim organisations to promote Islamic religious and spiritual values.
The round-the-clock service was launched Sunday, to coincide with Eid-ul-Fitr.
The channel covers eight Russian regions -- Bashkortostan, Tatarstan and six North Caucasus republics.
The channel`s chief editor is Rustam Arifdzhanov, vice president of the Eurasian Academy of Television and Radio Broadcasting.
It will be supported by private donations and government grants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'