Russia`s first Muslim TV channel goes on air
Moscow: Russia`s first public Muslim TV channel, Al-RTV, has gone on air ahead of Eid-ul-Fitr.
According to the Bashinform news portal, Al-RTV has been established by Russia`s largest Muslim organisations to promote Islamic religious and spiritual values.
The round-the-clock service was launched Sunday, to coincide with Eid-ul-Fitr.
The channel covers eight Russian regions -- Bashkortostan, Tatarstan and six North Caucasus republics.
The channel`s chief editor is Rustam Arifdzhanov, vice president of the Eurasian Academy of Television and Radio Broadcasting.
It will be supported by private donations and government grants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say