Russia`s largest diamond of 158.2 carats!
Moscow: Russia`s largest diamond miner Alrosa discovered a unique diamond weighing 158.2 carats and worth over $1.5 million, the company said Tuesday.
The diamond was found in September at diamond-mining factory No.16 of the Nyurbinsk ore mining and processing enterprise in the Republic of Yakutia in Russia`s north-east.
"In the estimate of Alrosa`s specialists, this diamond may be sold for over $1.5 million at auction. This diamond, if it is processed, may also produce several quality diamonds, each of them worth over several hundred thousand US dollars," Alrosa said in the statement.
Alrosa is one of the world`s largest diamond companies, accounting for about 28 percent of global production, and produces 97 percent of all diamonds in Russia. The company boasts proven diamond reserves that enable it to maintain diamond production for over 25 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes