Russia`s largest diamond of 158.2 carats!
Moscow: Russia`s largest diamond miner Alrosa discovered a unique diamond weighing 158.2 carats and worth over $1.5 million, the company said Tuesday.
The diamond was found in September at diamond-mining factory No.16 of the Nyurbinsk ore mining and processing enterprise in the Republic of Yakutia in Russia`s north-east.
"In the estimate of Alrosa`s specialists, this diamond may be sold for over $1.5 million at auction. This diamond, if it is processed, may also produce several quality diamonds, each of them worth over several hundred thousand US dollars," Alrosa said in the statement.
Alrosa is one of the world`s largest diamond companies, accounting for about 28 percent of global production, and produces 97 percent of all diamonds in Russia. The company boasts proven diamond reserves that enable it to maintain diamond production for over 25 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday