Ryan is the right pick by Romney: Indian-American Republicans
Washington: Mitt Romney, challenger to incumbent President Barack Obama in the November polls, has made a "bold and right" choice by picking up conservative Wisconsin Congressman Paul Ryan as his running mate, noted Indian-American Republicans have said.
Congratulating Romney "on his bold and right choice" of Ryan as his Vice Presidential candidate, Dr Sampat Shivangi, national president, Indian-American Forum for Political Education, said Ryan will bring lot of vigour to the campaign and in leading the country in right direction.
Dr Shivangi is a delegate to Republican Party Convention in Tampa later this month which would formally nominate Romney as its presidential candidate to challenge Obama in the November 6 elections.
"We all commend and applaud Governor Mitt Romney in choosing young, bright and seven term congressman to be his running mate. As US is the anchor of the Global economy our country needs Economic boost to lift up the world economy and specifically joblessness in US," he said.
"Congressman Paul Ryan provides the experience and strength he has achieved being the House finance committee chair which he can put to use to lift up US, from economic stagnation and joblessness above eight per cent," he added.
"He can trim the budget and save trillion dollar deficit the country is facing and I feel he is panacea for economic doldrums," Shivangi said.
"By picking congressman Paul Ryan as his running mate governor Romney has shown leadership and sincere desire to address unsustainable debt and federal budget deficit and taking this great nation to sustainable path of long term prosperity," Dr Akshay Desai, who was recently roped in by the Romney campaign to campaign among Asian-Americans, said.
Based in Florida, Desai is also a key member of the fund raising efforts of the Romney campaign.
"They (Romney-Ryan) will create 12 million new jobs which this country badly needs. This election is about jobs and future of our children and on both counts this is a dream ticket which will bring the country back on the right track," Desai said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'