`S Africa opposition parties to unite against ANC at polls`
Johannesburg: South Africa`s main opposition party will unite with a smaller party led by charismatic leader Mamphela Ramphele to challenge the ruling ANC in upcoming general elections, a party source said on Tuesday.
Ramphele, who leads the smaller Agang party, will join the country`s main opposition Democratic Alliance, a senior source at the DA told a news agency.
"An agreement has been reached that Mamphela is joining us," the source said on condition of anonymity, adding that "as I understand it Agang will disband." South Africa is due to hold general elections later this year, with the exact date as yet undecided.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Seven killed in road accident in Uttar Pradesh's Ambedkarnagar
- Searching for weekend get aways in South? Give it a look
- HORRIFIC: Woman gang-raped, attacked with acid before being dumped on road in Kanpur
- Curfew lifted from Kashmir's Anantnag after 49 days, remains in force in other parts
- PM Modi, Amit Shah to address CMs of BJP-ruled states