S African baby with brain outside his head dies
Johannesburg: A South African doctor says a baby born with his brain outside his head has died after being alive for three weeks.
A doctor on duty when the baby died said on Monday that Sibusiso Mokoena`s condition, known as anencephaly, was the cause of his death.
Dr Ntumda Mutondo told a news agency that she performed CPR on the infant, but couldn`t revive him. Mutondo said the infant died on Wednesday.
Sibusiso, known in South Africa as Baby Mokoena, was born on July 04.
Babies born with anencephaly do not usually survive long.
Doctors say some of the main causes of the condition are vitamin and folic acid deficiencies during pregnancy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites