S African baby with brain outside his head dies
Johannesburg: A South African doctor says a baby born with his brain outside his head has died after being alive for three weeks.
A doctor on duty when the baby died said on Monday that Sibusiso Mokoena`s condition, known as anencephaly, was the cause of his death.
Dr Ntumda Mutondo told a news agency that she performed CPR on the infant, but couldn`t revive him. Mutondo said the infant died on Wednesday.
Sibusiso, known in South Africa as Baby Mokoena, was born on July 04.
Babies born with anencephaly do not usually survive long.
Doctors say some of the main causes of the condition are vitamin and folic acid deficiencies during pregnancy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’