S African baby with brain outside his head dies
Johannesburg: A South African doctor says a baby born with his brain outside his head has died after being alive for three weeks.
A doctor on duty when the baby died said on Monday that Sibusiso Mokoena`s condition, known as anencephaly, was the cause of his death.
Dr Ntumda Mutondo told a news agency that she performed CPR on the infant, but couldn`t revive him. Mutondo said the infant died on Wednesday.
Sibusiso, known in South Africa as Baby Mokoena, was born on July 04.
Babies born with anencephaly do not usually survive long.
Doctors say some of the main causes of the condition are vitamin and folic acid deficiencies during pregnancy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka