S African baby with brain outside his head dies
Johannesburg: A South African doctor says a baby born with his brain outside his head has died after being alive for three weeks.
A doctor on duty when the baby died said on Monday that Sibusiso Mokoena`s condition, known as anencephaly, was the cause of his death.
Dr Ntumda Mutondo told a news agency that she performed CPR on the infant, but couldn`t revive him. Mutondo said the infant died on Wednesday.
Sibusiso, known in South Africa as Baby Mokoena, was born on July 04.
Babies born with anencephaly do not usually survive long.
Doctors say some of the main causes of the condition are vitamin and folic acid deficiencies during pregnancy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'