S African baby with brain outside his head dies
Johannesburg: A South African doctor says a baby born with his brain outside his head has died after being alive for three weeks.
A doctor on duty when the baby died said on Monday that Sibusiso Mokoena`s condition, known as anencephaly, was the cause of his death.
Dr Ntumda Mutondo told a news agency that she performed CPR on the infant, but couldn`t revive him. Mutondo said the infant died on Wednesday.
Sibusiso, known in South Africa as Baby Mokoena, was born on July 04.
Babies born with anencephaly do not usually survive long.
Doctors say some of the main causes of the condition are vitamin and folic acid deficiencies during pregnancy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred