S Arabia: `Madam al Qaeda` to testify this month
Dubai: The first Saudi woman being tried for involvement in terrorist activities is expected to testify in court this month in response to charges that she financed and helped terrorists.
Dubbed as `Madam al Qaeda`, Haila Al-Qassir, who allegedly became a member of al Qaeda and played a prominent role in recruiting terrorists, is being tried by the Riyadh District Court.
The 45-year-old woman is charged with possessing weapons, sheltering people wanted by security authorities and giving money to terrorists, local reports said.
She has authorised two of her relatives to defend her case after the Prosecutor General gave her and several of her relatives a briefing in July on the chargesheet.
Charges levelled against Al-Qassir include attempting to travel to areas of turmoil without permission, participating in supporting terrorist cells and helping forge identity cards for terrorists.
The July session also witnessed the judge`s approval of Al-Qassir`s request for her relatives to attend the upcoming District Court session.
Al-Qassir had been married to two alleged al Qaeda militants Abdul Kareem Al-Homaid and Muhammad Suleiman Al-Wakeel.
She was first married to Al-Humaid, who is also under detention. But, she later separated from him and married Al-Wakeel, who was killed in a clash with security men after terrorists targeted the Ministry of Interior and Headquarters of the Special Forces on December 29, 2004.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof