S Carolina governor Nikki Haley reveals being abused as child
Washington: South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley has disclosed about being physically abused by a child-care provider when she was a child.
At a press conference in Greenville , the Republican said that it does not matter what your background is, how your education is, but every child is subject to child abuse.
According to the Washington Times, Haley made the revelation while speaking at an event to help promote a study called Silent Tears, which provides the state with recommendations for improving child abuse prevention and response.
Haley has mentioned about the abuse in her book, "Can`t Is Not an Option: My American Story," but it is the first time she has spoken about it in a public setting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam