S Carolina governor Nikki Haley reveals being abused as child
Washington: South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley has disclosed about being physically abused by a child-care provider when she was a child.
At a press conference in Greenville , the Republican said that it does not matter what your background is, how your education is, but every child is subject to child abuse.
According to the Washington Times, Haley made the revelation while speaking at an event to help promote a study called Silent Tears, which provides the state with recommendations for improving child abuse prevention and response.
Haley has mentioned about the abuse in her book, "Can`t Is Not an Option: My American Story," but it is the first time she has spoken about it in a public setting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers