S Carolina governor Nikki Haley reveals being abused as child
Washington: South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley has disclosed about being physically abused by a child-care provider when she was a child.
At a press conference in Greenville , the Republican said that it does not matter what your background is, how your education is, but every child is subject to child abuse.
According to the Washington Times, Haley made the revelation while speaking at an event to help promote a study called Silent Tears, which provides the state with recommendations for improving child abuse prevention and response.
Haley has mentioned about the abuse in her book, "Can`t Is Not an Option: My American Story," but it is the first time she has spoken about it in a public setting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Pakistanis hit back as clerics say men can 'beat' wives
- BJP to fight UP polls on development plank, not Ram temple issue: Rajnath Singh
- Rajan finished SMEs to help American MNCs: Swamy
- Bihar Matric Results 2016: BSEB Class 10th Result 2016, www.biharboard.net, www.biharboard.bih.nic.in, Bihar Board 10th Matric Result to be declared on May 29
- Oil slips as $50 level sparks new output fears