S Korea: 4 dead, about 20 injured in Seoul fire
Seoul: Fire officials in the South Korean capital say a large blaze at a construction site near a 600-year-old palace has killed at least four workers and injured about 20.
They say Gyeongbok palace wasn`t damaged by today`s fire, which filled Seoul`s central district with smoke.
Seoul Metropolitan Fire and Disaster official Kim Byung-ro says the workers died after inhaling toxic smoke. One of the injured is in critical condition.
Kim says the blaze started when a spark from construction at the site of a national art museum landed in combustible material.
About 170 firefighters extinguished the fire in about an hour.
In 2008, an arsonist destroyed a gate in Seoul regarded as a South Korean national treasure. It`s now being rebuilt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender