S Korea foreign minister leaves for Moscow: Report
Seoul: South Korean Foreign Minister Kim Sung-Hwan has left for Russia for talks focusing on North Korea and bilateral relations, according to a news report.
During his four-day trip, Kim will meet with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov in Moscow on Monday and discuss North Korea`s nuclear weapons programmes, among other topics, Yonhap news agency said.
He is accompanied by Wi Sung-Lac, South Korea`s chief envoy to the six-party talks on disarming the nuclear-armed North Korea.
The meeting comes amid a flurry of diplomatic efforts to resume the stalled forum involving the two Koreas, Russia, China, Japan and the United States.
Senior Pyongyang officials met with their counterparts in Seoul and Washington last month, raising hopes for the resumption of the multilateral talks last held in December 2008.
Pyongyang stormed out of the talks in April 2009 and conducted its second nuclear test a month later.
The communist country has repeatedly expressed a desire to return to the forum, but the US has urged it to show more sincerity and mend ties with the South first.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video