S Korea foreign minister leaves for Moscow: Report
Seoul: South Korean Foreign Minister Kim Sung-Hwan has left for Russia for talks focusing on North Korea and bilateral relations, according to a news report.
During his four-day trip, Kim will meet with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov in Moscow on Monday and discuss North Korea`s nuclear weapons programmes, among other topics, Yonhap news agency said.
He is accompanied by Wi Sung-Lac, South Korea`s chief envoy to the six-party talks on disarming the nuclear-armed North Korea.
The meeting comes amid a flurry of diplomatic efforts to resume the stalled forum involving the two Koreas, Russia, China, Japan and the United States.
Senior Pyongyang officials met with their counterparts in Seoul and Washington last month, raising hopes for the resumption of the multilateral talks last held in December 2008.
Pyongyang stormed out of the talks in April 2009 and conducted its second nuclear test a month later.
The communist country has repeatedly expressed a desire to return to the forum, but the US has urged it to show more sincerity and mend ties with the South first.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery