S Korea leader sacks spokesman amid abuse claims
Seoul: President Park Geun-hye`s office says she has fired her chief spokesman after a "disgraceful incident" during Park`s trip to the United States. Media reports say the spokesman was accused of sexual abuse.
The presidential Blue House said on its website that unspecified actions by Yoon Chang-jung marred the government`s dignity.
It didn`t elaborate. But South Korea`s Yonhap news agency cites a Washington police complaint that says Yoon grabbed a Korean-American intern`s buttocks on the night of the summit between Park and US President Barack Obama.
An email seeking police confirmation wasn`t immediately answered. Yoon couldn`t be reached for comment. The Blue House says its embassy in Washington is investigating.
Yoon was a conservative columnist before joining Park`s team last year. He became spokesman after her February inauguration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement