S Korea leader sacks spokesman amid abuse claims
Seoul: President Park Geun-hye`s office says she has fired her chief spokesman after a "disgraceful incident" during Park`s trip to the United States. Media reports say the spokesman was accused of sexual abuse.
The presidential Blue House said on its website that unspecified actions by Yoon Chang-jung marred the government`s dignity.
It didn`t elaborate. But South Korea`s Yonhap news agency cites a Washington police complaint that says Yoon grabbed a Korean-American intern`s buttocks on the night of the summit between Park and US President Barack Obama.
An email seeking police confirmation wasn`t immediately answered. Yoon couldn`t be reached for comment. The Blue House says its embassy in Washington is investigating.
Yoon was a conservative columnist before joining Park`s team last year. He became spokesman after her February inauguration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you