S Korea makes claim to extended continental shelf in East China Sea
Seoul: South Korea has formally submitted a claim to an extended portion of continental shelf in the East China Sea to the United Nations, the foreign ministry here said Thursday.
The report, submitted to the UN Commission on the Limits of the Continental Shelf (CLCS) Wednesday, says the outer limit of the country`s continental shelf in the East China Sea extends to the Okinawa Trough.
The final decision on the demarcation will be made through consultations with China and Japan, which have different claims, according to the statement by the ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened