S Korea offers N Korea flood aid
Seoul: South Korea offered North Korea flood relief aid worth 5 billion won ($4.7 million) on Wednesday after the communist state reported dozens of casualties and thousands made homeless by torrential rain.
Seoul`s unification ministry said the offer of medicine and daily necessities was made through the South`s Red Cross. If the North accepted it, talks would be held on shipping arrangements.
The offer came amid signs of an easing of high cross-border tensions. Nuclear negotiators from the two Koreas held rare talks last month on the sidelines of a regional security meeting in Bali.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!