S Korea voices `deep concern` over Jang`s execution
Seoul: South Korea expressed deep concern on Friday after North Korea announced the execution of leader Kim Jong-Un`s uncle.
In a stunning downfall, Jang Song-Thaek -- who had been seen as Kim`s political regent and the country`s unofficial number two -- was executed yesterday immediately after a special military trial, the North`s state media said.
"The government has deep concerns about a recent series of developments in North Korea and is watching the situation closely," the South`s Unification Ministry said in a statement.
The reaction came after South Korean ministers related to security held a meeting to discuss Jang`s execution and its implications for North Korea`s future and relations with Seoul.
South Korea would get fully prepared for "all possibilities in the future" while working closely with its allies in coping with the situation, the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt