S Korean indicted for re-tweeting N Korean messages
Seoul: South Korean prosecutors have indicted a Socialist Party member on charges that he reposted messages from a North Korean government Twitter account.
The Socialist Party in Seoul said Thursday that Park Jeong-geun was indicted this week for violating a law that makes it a crime to praise, sympathize or cooperate with North Korea.
Officials of the small opposition party say Park re-tweeted the messages to promote freedom of expression and lampoon the North`s government.
They say Park didn`t intend to praise North Korea.
Calls to prosecutors seeking comment were unanswered late Thursday.
Indictments under South Korea`s anti-North National Security Law have shot up since a conservative government took power in Seoul in 2008.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!