S Korean man accused of raping 125 women arrested
Seoul: South Korean police said on Tuesday they have arrested a man accused of raping 125 women over the past nine years.
The 39-year-old delivery man, identified only by his family name Cha, is accused of some 200 rapes involving 125 women, some of whom were subjected to multiple assaults.
Police in Gyeonggi province surrounding Seoul said the offences took place between July 2000 and July 2009.
The suspect was traced after being pictured on closed-circuit TV.
He is also accused of stealing jewellery worth around 40 million won (32,000 dollars) from his victims, who were mostly young and living alone.
Police said the suspect, who lives in the city of Paju north of Seoul, has been married since 2001 and has a daughter of pre-school age.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Welshman Gareth Bale fires Real Madrid past Real Sociadad 3-0 in the opening encounter
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award