S Korean man accused of raping 125 women arrested
Seoul: South Korean police said on Tuesday they have arrested a man accused of raping 125 women over the past nine years.
The 39-year-old delivery man, identified only by his family name Cha, is accused of some 200 rapes involving 125 women, some of whom were subjected to multiple assaults.
Police in Gyeonggi province surrounding Seoul said the offences took place between July 2000 and July 2009.
The suspect was traced after being pictured on closed-circuit TV.
He is also accused of stealing jewellery worth around 40 million won (32,000 dollars) from his victims, who were mostly young and living alone.
Police said the suspect, who lives in the city of Paju north of Seoul, has been married since 2001 and has a daughter of pre-school age.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’