S Korean man accused of raping 125 women arrested
Seoul: South Korean police said on Tuesday they have arrested a man accused of raping 125 women over the past nine years.
The 39-year-old delivery man, identified only by his family name Cha, is accused of some 200 rapes involving 125 women, some of whom were subjected to multiple assaults.
Police in Gyeonggi province surrounding Seoul said the offences took place between July 2000 and July 2009.
The suspect was traced after being pictured on closed-circuit TV.
He is also accused of stealing jewellery worth around 40 million won (32,000 dollars) from his victims, who were mostly young and living alone.
Police said the suspect, who lives in the city of Paju north of Seoul, has been married since 2001 and has a daughter of pre-school age.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach