S-Korean military chopper crashes; 2 pilots killed
Seoul: A South Korean military helicopter
crashed on Wednesday, killing two pilots a day after two fighter jets
crashed during a training mission, a police official said.
No one was hurt on the ground when the helicopter hit a
greenhouse in a rice paddy in Namyangju, 16 miles northeast of
Seoul, said police official Kwon Taek-jun.
Kwon said military authorities cordoned off the area and
were looking into the cause of the accident. He did not
Yesterday, three pilots died when two F-5 jets crashed,
prompting the Air Force to ground all such jets for safety
checks. They will be out of operation until inspectors find
the exact cause of the accident.
Other fighter jets will gradually start flying again
beginning tomorrow if there are no problems in safety
The Air Force said it has about 170 F-5 jets deployed.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!