S-Korean military chopper crashes; 2 pilots killed
Seoul: A South Korean military helicopter
crashed on Wednesday, killing two pilots a day after two fighter jets
crashed during a training mission, a police official said.
No one was hurt on the ground when the helicopter hit a
greenhouse in a rice paddy in Namyangju, 16 miles northeast of
Seoul, said police official Kwon Taek-jun.
Kwon said military authorities cordoned off the area and
were looking into the cause of the accident. He did not
Yesterday, three pilots died when two F-5 jets crashed,
prompting the Air Force to ground all such jets for safety
checks. They will be out of operation until inspectors find
the exact cause of the accident.
Other fighter jets will gradually start flying again
beginning tomorrow if there are no problems in safety
The Air Force said it has about 170 F-5 jets deployed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- Akhilesh warns of attempts to vitiate UP's atmosphere before polls
- Now, a Hindi wordgame app for smart devices
- Jan Dhan accounts “very vulnerable” to frauds: RBI
- Vijay Mallya PMLA case: ED to invoke India-UK MLAT for extradition
- IPL 2016, Qualifier 1: RCB vs GL - Squads, date, time, venue, TV listing, live streaming