S-Korean military chopper crashes; 2 pilots killed
Seoul: A South Korean military helicopter
crashed on Wednesday, killing two pilots a day after two fighter jets
crashed during a training mission, a police official said.
No one was hurt on the ground when the helicopter hit a
greenhouse in a rice paddy in Namyangju, 16 miles northeast of
Seoul, said police official Kwon Taek-jun.
Kwon said military authorities cordoned off the area and
were looking into the cause of the accident. He did not
Yesterday, three pilots died when two F-5 jets crashed,
prompting the Air Force to ground all such jets for safety
checks. They will be out of operation until inspectors find
the exact cause of the accident.
Other fighter jets will gradually start flying again
beginning tomorrow if there are no problems in safety
The Air Force said it has about 170 F-5 jets deployed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends