S-Korean military chopper crashes; 2 pilots killed
Seoul: A South Korean military helicopter
crashed on Wednesday, killing two pilots a day after two fighter jets
crashed during a training mission, a police official said.
No one was hurt on the ground when the helicopter hit a
greenhouse in a rice paddy in Namyangju, 16 miles northeast of
Seoul, said police official Kwon Taek-jun.
Kwon said military authorities cordoned off the area and
were looking into the cause of the accident. He did not
Yesterday, three pilots died when two F-5 jets crashed,
prompting the Air Force to ground all such jets for safety
checks. They will be out of operation until inspectors find
the exact cause of the accident.
Other fighter jets will gradually start flying again
beginning tomorrow if there are no problems in safety
The Air Force said it has about 170 F-5 jets deployed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sheena Bora and Mikhail had different fathers?