S Korea`s top prosecutor resigns over sex scandal
Seoul: South Korea`s chief prosecutor announced Friday he has stepped down amid sex and bribery scandals within the prosecution service.
"As the prosecutor general, I offer my apology to the people for the huge shock and disappointment," Prosecutor General Han Sang-dae said at a press conference, Yonhap reported. His term was due to end in 2014.
His resignation follows allegations against a junior prosecutor of having sex with a female suspect he was questioning earlier this month.
In a separate case, a senior prosecutor was arrested for allegedly taking bribes from businessmen worth thousands of dollars.
President Lee Myung-bak immediately accepted Han`s resignation, saying "the prosecution needs to reflect on itself".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday