Sabotage plot dismantled: Iranian intelligence
Tehran: Iran`s intelligence ministry says its agents have dismantled a sabotage and terrorism network linked to Israel and Britain.
A statement on the ministry`s website said its agents had arrested 12 people who had been preparing to enflame ethnic conflicts in Iran through sabotage and assassination.
The statement said the group had links to Israel`s spy agency, the Mossad, through a "reactionary" Arab country in the region.
It said they also had links with Britain and spy rings based on the Indian subcontinent, adding that authorities had confiscated a remarkable amount of weapons in the operation.
The statement did not name the detainees or the time and place of the operation.
From time to time Iran announces that it has dismantled groups linked to the Mossad and western intelligence services.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!