Sabotage plot dismantled: Iranian intelligence
Tehran: Iran`s intelligence ministry says its agents have dismantled a sabotage and terrorism network linked to Israel and Britain.
A statement on the ministry`s website said its agents had arrested 12 people who had been preparing to enflame ethnic conflicts in Iran through sabotage and assassination.
The statement said the group had links to Israel`s spy agency, the Mossad, through a "reactionary" Arab country in the region.
It said they also had links with Britain and spy rings based on the Indian subcontinent, adding that authorities had confiscated a remarkable amount of weapons in the operation.
The statement did not name the detainees or the time and place of the operation.
From time to time Iran announces that it has dismantled groups linked to the Mossad and western intelligence services.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Narsingh Yadav doping row: NADA hearing concludes, judgement either on Saturday or Monday
- Theresa May: Will she prove to be the second Iron Lady UK needs after Brexit?
- Political parties slam CM Mufti's 'wasn't aware of Burhan's whereabouts' remarks
- Nathan Lyon joins Muttiah Muralitharan and Harbhajan Singh in the 200-test-wicket club
- Lawless UP: Dalit couple hacked to death for Rs 15 in Mulayam Singh Yadav's bastion Mainpuri