Sabotage plot dismantled: Iranian intelligence
Tehran: Iran`s intelligence ministry says its agents have dismantled a sabotage and terrorism network linked to Israel and Britain.
A statement on the ministry`s website said its agents had arrested 12 people who had been preparing to enflame ethnic conflicts in Iran through sabotage and assassination.
The statement said the group had links to Israel`s spy agency, the Mossad, through a "reactionary" Arab country in the region.
It said they also had links with Britain and spy rings based on the Indian subcontinent, adding that authorities had confiscated a remarkable amount of weapons in the operation.
The statement did not name the detainees or the time and place of the operation.
From time to time Iran announces that it has dismantled groups linked to the Mossad and western intelligence services.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre