Sabotage plot dismantled: Iranian intelligence
Tehran: Iran`s intelligence ministry says its agents have dismantled a sabotage and terrorism network linked to Israel and Britain.
A statement on the ministry`s website said its agents had arrested 12 people who had been preparing to enflame ethnic conflicts in Iran through sabotage and assassination.
The statement said the group had links to Israel`s spy agency, the Mossad, through a "reactionary" Arab country in the region.
It said they also had links with Britain and spy rings based on the Indian subcontinent, adding that authorities had confiscated a remarkable amount of weapons in the operation.
The statement did not name the detainees or the time and place of the operation.
From time to time Iran announces that it has dismantled groups linked to the Mossad and western intelligence services.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'