Salvadoran police find $9mln in cash in oil drum
San Salvador: Police in El
Salvador say officers found USD 9 million in cash crammed into
an oil drum buried at a ranch near the capital.
Authorities in the Central American country say it
took three days to count the bundles of USD 100, USD 50 and
USD 20 bills. A police statement issued yesterday says the
money could be linked to drug traffickers.
Authorities say the cash was found Thursday night at a
ranch in the town of Penitente Abajo, about 62 kilometres from
The US Embassy says the money was found with the help
of the Drug Enforcement Administration.
El Salvador uses the US dollar as its national
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged