Salvadoran police find $9mln in cash in oil drum
San Salvador: Police in El
Salvador say officers found USD 9 million in cash crammed into
an oil drum buried at a ranch near the capital.
Authorities in the Central American country say it
took three days to count the bundles of USD 100, USD 50 and
USD 20 bills. A police statement issued yesterday says the
money could be linked to drug traffickers.
Authorities say the cash was found Thursday night at a
ranch in the town of Penitente Abajo, about 62 kilometres from
The US Embassy says the money was found with the help
of the Drug Enforcement Administration.
El Salvador uses the US dollar as its national
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad