Same-sex marriage legalised in France
Zee Media Bureau
Paris: The gay marriage bill has been legalized in France with the French president Francois Hollande signing the bill into a law.
With the signing of the bill, France has become the 14th country to legalise same-sex marriage and the first gay marriage is expected to take place within next two weeks, as per a BBC report.
The gay marriage bill was passed by the Parliament last month with the conservative lawmakers opposing the legalizing of gay marriage bill.
The challenge motion was rejected by the Constitutional Council.
The gay marriage law must now be published in the official journal. President Francois Hollande, who made legalizing gay marriage one of his campaign pledges last year, has promised to see the law published as soon as possible.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...