Same-sex marriage legalised in France
Zee Media Bureau
Paris: The gay marriage bill has been legalized in France with the French president Francois Hollande signing the bill into a law.
With the signing of the bill, France has become the 14th country to legalise same-sex marriage and the first gay marriage is expected to take place within next two weeks, as per a BBC report.
The gay marriage bill was passed by the Parliament last month with the conservative lawmakers opposing the legalizing of gay marriage bill.
The challenge motion was rejected by the Constitutional Council.
The gay marriage law must now be published in the official journal. President Francois Hollande, who made legalizing gay marriage one of his campaign pledges last year, has promised to see the law published as soon as possible.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital