San Diego-bound jet diverted after ‘security threat`
Chicago: A San Diego-bound flight was diverted to Albuquerque on Sunday after the FBI received a report of "a potential security threat”, but no suspicious devices were found on the plane, authorities said.
Delta Flight 1706, carrying 137 passengers and six crew members, landed at Albuquerque International Sunport shortly before 10 am, FBI spokesman Frank Fisher said in a statement.
Fisher did not provide details about the nature of the threat to the plane, which left from Detroit Metro Airport.
CNN reported that the flight was diverted after a flight attendant found a suspicious note in a bathroom.
"Crew and passengers were interviewed, and a search of the plane was conducted," Fisher said, adding that no passengers were detained.
"Nobody was injured, and no suspicious devices were found," he said.
The plane was diverted "out of an abundance of caution due to a security concern," said Delta spokesman Morgan Durrant.
The plane was slated to resume its flight to San Diego International Airport later in the afternoon, said Daniel Jiron, a spokesman for the Albuquerque airport.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read