Sanctions begin `battle` against Iran: Ahmadinejad
Tehran: Iran`s President says the West has begun a "heavy battle" with Iran by tightening sanctions over Tehran`s nuclear program.
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, however, insists that Iran "will not retreat one iota" from its right to a peaceful nuclear program.
Ahmadinejad`s comments were reported by the official IRNA news agency today.
They come two weeks after a total oil embargo imposed by the European Union and banking sanctions by the US went into effect against Iran for its refusal to halt its uranium enrichment activities.
The US and its allies accuse Iran of seeking nuclear weapons, a charge Tehran denies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda