Sanctions begin `battle` against Iran: Ahmadinejad
Tehran: Iran`s President says the West has begun a "heavy battle" with Iran by tightening sanctions over Tehran`s nuclear program.
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, however, insists that Iran "will not retreat one iota" from its right to a peaceful nuclear program.
Ahmadinejad`s comments were reported by the official IRNA news agency today.
They come two weeks after a total oil embargo imposed by the European Union and banking sanctions by the US went into effect against Iran for its refusal to halt its uranium enrichment activities.
The US and its allies accuse Iran of seeking nuclear weapons, a charge Tehran denies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31