Sanctions begin `battle` against Iran: Ahmadinejad
Tehran: Iran`s President says the West has begun a "heavy battle" with Iran by tightening sanctions over Tehran`s nuclear program.
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, however, insists that Iran "will not retreat one iota" from its right to a peaceful nuclear program.
Ahmadinejad`s comments were reported by the official IRNA news agency today.
They come two weeks after a total oil embargo imposed by the European Union and banking sanctions by the US went into effect against Iran for its refusal to halt its uranium enrichment activities.
The US and its allies accuse Iran of seeking nuclear weapons, a charge Tehran denies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'