Sanctions begin `battle` against Iran: Ahmadinejad
Tehran: Iran`s President says the West has begun a "heavy battle" with Iran by tightening sanctions over Tehran`s nuclear program.
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, however, insists that Iran "will not retreat one iota" from its right to a peaceful nuclear program.
Ahmadinejad`s comments were reported by the official IRNA news agency today.
They come two weeks after a total oil embargo imposed by the European Union and banking sanctions by the US went into effect against Iran for its refusal to halt its uranium enrichment activities.
The US and its allies accuse Iran of seeking nuclear weapons, a charge Tehran denies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Brexit consequence: British thaali may give Indian lady's finger a miss
- Ajay Devgn to star in Rohit Shetty's 'Golmaal 4'! Details inside
- WATCH: Harbhajan Singh was up against a wrestler...See What Happened Next...
- After NSG setback, India joins Missile Technology Control Regime as full member; China awaits membership
- Hrithik Roshan – Kangana Ranaut legal tussle: Everything will come out soon, says actor