Sanctions can end `step by step`: Iran negotiator
Tehran: An Iranian negotiator suggests that "step by step" progress can be made toward lifting sanctions over the Iranian nuclear program.
Ali Bagheri told state TV that Iran hopes the international talks can resume with a "constructive, clear and functional response" toward Iran.
The West has imposed several rounds of punishing sanctions on Iran, hoping to force it to scale back its uranium enrichment program, suspecting it might aim to produce nuclear weapons. Iran has refused, insisting its program is for peaceful purposes.
The latest round of talks between Iran and world powers a week ago ended with no agreement.
Bagheri told state TV late yesterday that Iran`s goal in future talks is a lifting of the sanctions. He added, "It can happen step by step."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state