Sanctions looming for Iran: Obama’s NSA
Munich: Iran must satisfy the demands of the international community over its nuclear programme or face fresh sanctions and increasing isolation, US National Security Adviser (NSA) James Jones said on Saturday.
"The unprecedented degree of international consensus ... demonstrates that Tehran must meet its responsibilities or face wider sanctions and increasing international isolation," Jones said at the annual Munich Security Conference.
He was speaking after Iran`s Foreign Minister said on Friday he was confident of a deal soon with world powers on exchanging some of Tehran`s low-enriched uranium for higher-grade fuel it could use in a reactor producing medical isotopes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Fresh FIR against Radhe Maa on complaint by Dolly Bindra
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?