Sanctions looming for Iran: Obama’s NSA
Munich: Iran must satisfy the demands of the international community over its nuclear programme or face fresh sanctions and increasing isolation, US National Security Adviser (NSA) James Jones said on Saturday.
"The unprecedented degree of international consensus ... demonstrates that Tehran must meet its responsibilities or face wider sanctions and increasing international isolation," Jones said at the annual Munich Security Conference.
He was speaking after Iran`s Foreign Minister said on Friday he was confident of a deal soon with world powers on exchanging some of Tehran`s low-enriched uranium for higher-grade fuel it could use in a reactor producing medical isotopes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon