Sanctions looming for Iran: Obama’s NSA
Munich: Iran must satisfy the demands of the international community over its nuclear programme or face fresh sanctions and increasing isolation, US National Security Adviser (NSA) James Jones said on Saturday.
"The unprecedented degree of international consensus ... demonstrates that Tehran must meet its responsibilities or face wider sanctions and increasing international isolation," Jones said at the annual Munich Security Conference.
He was speaking after Iran`s Foreign Minister said on Friday he was confident of a deal soon with world powers on exchanging some of Tehran`s low-enriched uranium for higher-grade fuel it could use in a reactor producing medical isotopes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'