Sanctions looming for Iran: Obama’s NSA
Munich: Iran must satisfy the demands of the international community over its nuclear programme or face fresh sanctions and increasing isolation, US National Security Adviser (NSA) James Jones said on Saturday.
"The unprecedented degree of international consensus ... demonstrates that Tehran must meet its responsibilities or face wider sanctions and increasing international isolation," Jones said at the annual Munich Security Conference.
He was speaking after Iran`s Foreign Minister said on Friday he was confident of a deal soon with world powers on exchanging some of Tehran`s low-enriched uranium for higher-grade fuel it could use in a reactor producing medical isotopes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption