Sandy Dahl, widow of 9/11 pilot dies
Washington: Sandy Dahl, who was one of the tragic faces of 9/11 terror attacks after her husband was killed while piloting United Flight 93, is dead.
Dahl, 52, was found dead in her home in Colorado on Friday. Jefferson County Deputy Coroner Carl Blesch said yesterday that there was no indication of foul play.
Dahl worked tirelessly running the Captain Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund and her death was a surprise, CNN quoted David Dosch, a family friend as saying.
"Sandy was instrumental in the creation of the Dahl Fund following the tragic events of 9/11, and her guiding light will be missed," the fund said in a statement posted on its website.
She died in her sleep from natural causes, it said.
The scholarship fund gives money to aspiring pilots to help them attend commercial flight training schools.
Jason Dahl was piloting United Flight 93 on September 11, 2001 when it crashed in a field in Shanksville, Pennsylvania. It is believed that passengers aboard that flight thwarted a plot to steer the plane through the US Capitol dome and eventually caused it to crash in a field.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug