Sandy storm takes social media by a storm
Washington: Social media was abuzz with Sandy as the storm got over four million mentions on Twitter while it was the number one phrase on Facebook, a media report said.
Americans are keeping in touch through the social media as the superstorm wreaks havoc, reported USA Today.
#Sandy has had more than four million mentions by almost 400,000 unique sources on Twitter, said Radian6 that tracks social media use.
The site said that mentions of #Sandy have had a potential reach of more than 3 billion Twitter followers.
"Hurricane Sandy" was the top phrase on Facebook in the US in the past day, the media report said.
The other top 10 terms included "stay safe", "storm", "East Coast", "my friends" and "prayers".
Twitter and Facebook became a key way for friends and family to check in on each other.
"Sending my thoughts to all in the path of #sandy... looks pretty bad," read a tweet.
People posted updates.
"Eerie, flooded streets in Atlantic City, two hours after landfall. No wind and only a light rain falling. #sandynj," wrote @aubreyjwhalen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof