Sandy storm`s shocking, says US tavern owner
Washington: "It`s shocking what I`m looking at now," said a tavern owner in Atlantic City as he described cars that were "completely underwater" when superstorm Sandy slammed into US.
The storm, which packed 80 mph winds, hit near Atlantic City.
"I`ve been down here for about 16 years, and it`s shocking what I`m looking at now. It`s unbelievable," CNN quoted Montgomery Dahm, owner of the Tun Tavern in Atlantic City, which stayed open as Sandy neared the Jersey Shore, as saying.
"I mean, there`s cars that are just completely underwater in some of the places I would never believe that there would be water."
Dahm`s family left Atlantic City before the storm arrived, but he stayed on to help emergency personnel.
On Monday night, Dahm said the water had reached the steps of his restaurant, where a generator was keeping the lights on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS