Sandy storm`s shocking, says US tavern owner
Washington: "It`s shocking what I`m looking at now," said a tavern owner in Atlantic City as he described cars that were "completely underwater" when superstorm Sandy slammed into US.
The storm, which packed 80 mph winds, hit near Atlantic City.
"I`ve been down here for about 16 years, and it`s shocking what I`m looking at now. It`s unbelievable," CNN quoted Montgomery Dahm, owner of the Tun Tavern in Atlantic City, which stayed open as Sandy neared the Jersey Shore, as saying.
"I mean, there`s cars that are just completely underwater in some of the places I would never believe that there would be water."
Dahm`s family left Atlantic City before the storm arrived, but he stayed on to help emergency personnel.
On Monday night, Dahm said the water had reached the steps of his restaurant, where a generator was keeping the lights on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi